Monday, December 06, 2004

The Pedophobe

An older gentleman came into the library the other day and decided to lodge a complaint with me. He said he was tired about all the children running around the library. He said that once storytime is over we should "get all these kids out of here!" He said if they aren't old enough to read, they have no place in the library.

He happened to come in after storytime one day and said kids under five were running wild around the library unsupervised. He said (with total sincerity) that he thought about going home and calling the police to tell them there was "a riot at the library." I referred him to my boss. After all, I don't get paid enough to deal with old men who hate children. Although, it would have been funny to see the police show up to quell a "riot" of three-year-olds.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I completely and absolutely sympathise with the old guy...there should in my opinion be no children, anywhere, ever. That's a little impractical in the long run though.