Thursday, December 02, 2004

The Lord of the Ring

This happened to my co-workers this morning so I hope I relate it faithfully.

A man came in and demanded a three-hole punch. My co-worker E. brought one out to him and then he asked her to take it to the back and punch his papers FOR him. (again, we're not Office Depot people) E. refused and he seemed very put out by this.

He moved over and started punching his paper but he was putting way too much inside the three-hole punch and was having difficulty. All the while he was muttering to himself. My co-worker G. thought had asked him a question so he asked the customer to repeat himself.

The man said he was simply thinking about his ring and gestured to what was probably his wedding ring. He said, "This is symbol of my wife's and my commitment to wait for God."

Huh?

Then he said to G., "Just remember that the next time you see this ring."

Huh?

G. got really creeped out by the guy. Something is not right there.

Hey everybody, I need an old priest and a young priest! I think we need an exorcism performed here.

No comments: