Thursday, December 02, 2004

The Library...Your Neighborhood Answering Service

Most of our library branches are in residential neighborhoods. Some of our neighbors are pleasant. Others are not.

Today, I received a phone call with a man asking "Is Joe Trujillo there?" I responded that no one works here by that name. The man said, "Yeah, he's your neighbor. He lives next door to you."

I told him I had no idea if "Joe Trujillo" was in the library. What exactly did he expect me to do? Page the guy? Or walk out of the library, go next door, and tell the neighbor he had a phone call at the library?

I guess now we need to add "answering service" to our list of library services along with "Office Depot substitute."

Next they'll be asking for sodas and snacks.

Oh, wait....they already do that.



No comments: