Thursday, January 13, 2005

Don't Come Here for Tech Support

Just now, a sweet elderly lady came up to the desk to ask my co-worker G. a question.

She wanted to know what HDTV was because she had just gotten a DVD player for Christmas and read in the instructions that you should check if you have an HDTV. She wanted to know how she could check if her current television was an HDTV.

G. replied, "Well, I haven't seen very many of them. They're pretty expensive and chances are you don't have one. They look different from regular tv."

Lady: "Oh really? How are they different?

G.: "Well, HD stands for High Definition. When you are watching it, it feels like you are falling into endless space."

Lady: "Oh my. I'm not sure I'd like that."

G.: "Yeah, it's like looking into an aquarium only with little people instead of fish."

Lady:"Oh, really?"

G."Yeah, it will totally blow your mind. I'd be careful if I were you."

At this point, the lady looked at me and whispered, "I think he's high."

And G. said, "I'm high on library science. Yeah!"

Never let it be said that we don't have fun tormenting our customers.

No comments: