Tuesday, January 18, 2005

The Conspiracy Theorist

A man just came into the library and asked me if we carry the book "Vaccine-A: The Covert Government Experiment That's Killing Our Soldiers." I looked it up and found that we had a copy on the shelf and gave him the call number. He told me he didn't want the book, he just wanted information on it.

He wanted to know how many copies we had and if people were checking them out. I told him the majority of the copies were currently available. So no, it's not a hot item.

He then wanted to know if the FBI was monitoring who was checking it out.

I told him that the FBI could only look at our records with a warrant. He wanted to know if I was absolutely, positively sure that the government wasn't monitoring this book. I told him I couldn't absolutely, positively tell him for sure but that that was our policy.

The then went and grabbed the book off the shelf and waved it in my face telling me that it was 100% true. He said he was a Gulf War vet and the government experimented on him giving him everything from rheumatoid arthritis to multiple sclerosis. I wasn't sure what to say so I said, "Wow, that sucks."

He then stated loudly, "I will NEVER stop telling people about this book!"

And then he stalked out of the library.

Well, okay then. Good luck with that.

No comments: