Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Someone Call the People in White Coats!

We try to only write in the Dewey Diaries when we have especially choice anecdotes. Luckily, that seems to happen almost every day. I was getting worried that we wouldn't have anything for you today but then....

There is a crazy lady who loves to call the library. Unfortunatley, we don't have an epithet for her yet. Let's just call her....Crazy Lady. Anyway, she calls with absolutely ridiculous questions and then never seems satisfied with the answers she receives. She will try and keep the librarians on the phone for hours. It often gets to the point that they have no other recourse but to hang up on her.

Well, we heard from Crazy Lady again tonight. She called and asked for the Reference Desk. This was her question...

"I'm stuck in my garage and I want you to tell me Jerry's phone number. He's the guy that repairs my garage door."

Oh, right! Jerry! Everybody knows Jerry!

The librarian was unable to get any more information out of Crazy Lady and didn't know what to do. The woman got more and more agitated as she couldn't understand why we couldn't find Jerry's number. Eventually, the librarian had to hang up on her.

How do you get stuck in your garage anyway? If she can't find Jerry, maybe we have heard the last of Crazy Lady. I kinda hope so.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why wouldn't you just call the non-emergency police telephone? Or a repairman? I guess she could walk to the library and check out a book on how to fix garage doors...