Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Why Stop There?

A patron just came in all fired up to the 4th Floor Desk and demandedto speak to the big boss.  When I asked a few probing questions to get to the root of his dissatisfaction (trying to prevent the Big Boss from having to deal with this), I learned that he was all in a tizzy because he believes the entire fourth floor of the library should be moved to the first floor. 

*crickets*

Yeah, that's gonna happen.

I decided maybe the Big Boss SHOULD handle this after all. So, I sent him on his merry way to the appropriate office. 

2 comments:

Gary said...

Did the guy say why he thought the fourth floor should be moved to the first floor? I'm curious about that one!

Having been a library director, I like it when the staff tries to handle stuff like that. Are you willing to relocate...?

Anonymous said...

Our media center is on the first floor and I don't see us moving half of the book collection plus a public service desk down to the first floor and displace media services just so this guy can be less confused.

I don't get paid enough to deal with this stuff.