Thursday, April 03, 2008

Return of the Old Death's Head

He's baaaaaaack!

The Old Death's Head showed up today in a ratty lumberjack coat looking more like a death's head than ever. He has finally wised up about interacting with staff and decided to use the self-check machine instead. Of course, he couldn't figure out how to use it.

As I observed his struggles, I tried to decide what to do. I knew if I approached him and offered to help that he would probably accuse me of being a condescending racist. (since he is a lily-white man who happens to have a Hispanic-sounding last name) Finally, he asked me for help and I assisted him with great tenderness and patience (and trepidation). He was all sweetness and light. And then we sang a duet. And little bluebirds fluttered around our heads.

I guess he doesn't remember that I'm the one who got him banned from the library. Ah, the power!

1 comment:

Gary said...

Duets and bluebirds almost made me fall out of my chair laughing. That pretty much made my day.