Thursday, April 14, 2005

The Queen of the Non Sequitors Returns

Before I share today's brief anecdote, I would like to stress once again that you, gentle reader, only hear the very worst of library life. Most of our customers are quite lovely people. They are pleasant, friendly, polite, return their library items on time and cheerfully pay their fines. Some even bring us treats at Christmas. It's just the few bad apples that we tend to write about at the Dewey Diaries. But, they are the most interesting.

The Queen of the Non Sequitors (see earlier post) is actually a very sweet lady and we like her. When we see her walk in the door, we always eagerly anticipate what she will say because she has such a unique way of viewing the world.

Today, she came in talking about how hot it was outside.


"Whew! It's really hot out there."

I replied, "Oh really."

She paused and said, "Yeah, you know. From the sun."

OH! From the sun!

She then told me it was HOT enough to give you a sunburn.

I love that lady.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like she was trying (maybe too hard!) to make conversation. Don't you just love it?
blue2go

Amy M. said...

She's actually a really cute lady. You're right, she is probably always just trying really hard to make conversation. I get the feeling she isn't very social. I just really enjoy hearing what she has to say.

Kate said...

That post made me laugh out loud. As a former reference desk worker, I feel your pain!